Mauritius is a small island that is east of Madagascar which came into existence due to volcanic activity. With amazing weather, fun activities and luxury hotels, Mauritius is the perfect honeymoon destination.
What to do.
· Go on a tour to see the natural beauty and scenic wonders of southwest Mauritius.
· Go on an underwater voyage with a submarine dive in the ocean waters off the coast as well as meeting some of the friendliest creatures in the sea with a snorkelling experience.
· Discover the beauty of the Mauritian lagoons with a sea kart ride
· Take a relaxing cruise along the blue waters of the Indian ocean while enjoying a refreshing swim, soak up the sun and eat a fresh barbeque lunch
When to go
Mauritius sees sunshine all year round. Temperatures linger around high 20s and early 30s between December and April but the tropical weather means the odd rain shower will cool you down when you really need it. The temperature cools down between May and November but it’s still beach friendly.
Where to stay.
1. Ambre resort and spa- this hotel has white sand beaches as well as beautiful palm trees wherever you look. Its edged by a calm lagoon on one side and a huge pool on the other. Not forgetting the manicured lawn. The rooms filled with modern furniture and bright bedding. Balconies or terraces come as standard with an incredible view. (4 stars)
2. Zilwa Attitude- This hotel strikes perfectly between luxury and local with private islands, ocean- view pools and activities that help you experience Mauritian culture. This hotel is set along four sandy beaches. You will also find five restaurants, three pools and real island culture wherever you turn. The rooms have been done up in the style of Mauritian beach houses, with handmade pillows, driftwood tables and Creole sayings stencilled on the walls. (4 stars)
Copyright June’s Secrets 2017 by Gabby O