Hello guys, so this is the June’s secret “foodies corner ” and today I will be sharing a lovely drop cookie recipe called the vanilla wafers. When I hear wafers I think melt in you melt goodness, oops sorry got carried away now back to the recipe, but before I continue let me just quickly explain what a drop cookie is, a drop cookie is simply a cookie shaped by dropping soft dough from a spoon onto a sheet and as the cookie bakes it usually takes a round shape ,and most times you are advised to place the dough two inches apart to give room for expansion/spreading.
Preparation time: 30mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
Serves: 4 dozen
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°f
- In a medium sized bowl with mixer at low speed (can also be mixed by hand) beat all ingredients until blended, occasionally scraping bowl with spatula.
- Drop dough by combining two teaspoonfuls for each cookie (or use an ice cream scoop), placing each cookie dough two inches apart, on to an increased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes until edges of cookie are browned.
- Remove cookies and leave to cool.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Store cookies in tightly covered container.
* Each cookie is 50 calories
Let us know how it turned out
Copyright June’s Secrets 2017 by Laura (Sweetcerley Yours)